Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Phoenix Anatomy Scan

All looks good thank God! None of my fears came true thankfully, the heart has 4 nice chambers and the umbilical cord is not wrapped anywhere! Frontal placenta but high up, looks good. And fluids!! Perfect fluids!! I don't know what I saw the last time but this time there were nice deep pockets and Phoenix's stomach was full and visible, so were the kidneys and the brains! He measures 20w1d instead than 20w4d but this has been his norm all along so I'm delighted with this.No major abnormalities visible which is a relief, I mean, I know there are plenty of conditions which may jut no show up, but I take the good news today. Phoenix is breech so the pics of the profile apparently don't come out good (placenta is shading it) but we did get a few of hands and feet! He was moving around a lot and I could only feel maybe one in ten movements, mostly down low where the feet are.
The tech asked us if we wanted to know the gender and we said no, but that if it was visible we would not have turned away. Neither myself or Mike could make anything out, with Oliver I remember the scan to be very clear, while this one was not as sharply defined so half the time I wasn't actually sure what I was looking at! We will see the OB next wednesday so I look forward to talking to him about the results.

We treated ourselves with a nice meal in town and I feel very happy, Christmas shopping here we come!!

12 comments:

Life Happens said...

Yay! I'm so glad baby Phoenix passed his test with flying colors! I hope you are able to enjoy the holidays with one less worry now. :)

Mrs. Lemon said...

Woo hoooooooo!

Christa said...

Congrats! I bet it's a girl and that's why the heart rate has been lower than Oliver's!!!

jill's infertility document said...

Woohoo little Phoenix! So happy for you, Fran.

tireegal68 said...

That's such great news! You are so cool about the whole sex of the baby thing! I would be in stitches wanting to know!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Hooray! So glad to hear it.

St Elsewhere said...

Hi Fran,

Glad to know that everything is a-ok with Phoenix...have been following your updates, but decided to speak up too. :-)

Valery said...

great to hear you so happy! Hope you enjoy your shopping with your heart full of hope.

Michele said...

This is great news!! So happy! :)

Mad Hatter said...

Such lovely news! So pleased for you! Hope this means you can breathe a little now and enjoy the holly-days!
Love,
Maddy
P.S. Thank you for your continued support...it means SO much to me.

erika said...

I am so glad to hear you had such a nice appointment! I hope the next part of your pregnancy will be more relaxing and you may enjoy it more and more. Happy (((HUGS)))

Elle said...

Oh man! I thought you were going to tell us it is another boy! Fran you tease!

I am glad to hear everything looks perfect, just as it should. One more thing to be excited and happy about. :D