Friday, March 25, 2011

Ectopic Pregnancy Ireland: The Launch

We did it!!!

The evening went great, we had a doctor and a midwife from two different Dublin hospitals giving talks and both put a lot of effort into it. Several people came to the event (from as far as the west of Ireland) it felt amazing. I got all emotional when J did the opening speech....she talked about how we got together and how far we have come. She read a message written on our Facebook page by a girl who had seen the interview I mentioned in my last post and said it had saved her life a week later. The project has already saved a life. One of the ladies who came to the event had an ectopic herself but she also is a nurse in hospital in Galway and said she would love for one of us to go over there and talk to the them to raise awareness. I'd love to do it.

If you have time, have a look at our FB page, we have posted pics of the evening (Mike was the official photographer) and I would be ever grateful if you could leave a brief message, we need it to increase visibility.

The next step is to raise money through the Dublin mini-marathon. I did not participate last year (I was pregnant) and I'm totally out of shape this year, but I think I may have two people who could be running it for me.

And yesterday my article was published at My Destination Family as I was asked a few month back to write about the person who supported me the most through this infertility journey. With no esitation I chose Mike.

10 comments:

Christa said...

I saw the pictures on Facebook, they looked great!

Michele said...

I'm so proud of you!!!

Kim said...

Great job Fran, I am so proud of you and all of the hard work you have done. I know how hard it can be to build a grop from the ground up, you are going to benefit so many women. Contests my friend!!!

Chelle said...

Fran that is awesome! Isn't it great that you can make such a difference from something that was so difficult and painful?

I am definitely going to follow your FB page!

junebug said...

Congrats!!! Awesome job! I hope it continues to grow and spread support and information.

Lut C. said...

Congratulations on the launch!

Alex said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful!

Adele said...

Fran, congrats! Lovely photos. That's wonderful. And what you're doing is so important. I'm not surprised that it has already saved a life. My guess is that it will save many more.

tishi said...

Congratulations to you and I am so SO proud of you for raising awareness.....Its always much easier to just accept things for the way they are, it takes a brave person to try to change it!!!

erika said...

Yours is a wonderful mission! thank you for doing that!
***
Beautiful article!