Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's a peach!

13 weeks today! Officially entering the second trimester wohooo! Elvis is the size of peach, nice!

Not much to update a part from the fact that I've put on two more kilos...but I feel well, still tired though but the headaches are easing a bit which is great. I went to my acupuncturist on Friday for a session and felt better since. I will pot my belly pictures starting from 14 weeks, I think I've quite a belly already...I suppose the fact that I got back to loving chocolate and jams doesn't help!

Ectopic Pregnancy Ireland: I met the girls on Saturday morning, we made a lot of progress, the website is almost ready, hopefully it'll be on line this week. I'll do some work on the leaflet before it goes to print as I didn't really like the style. I will put everything in a dedicated page on my blog once we are ready. Launching still hoped to be in September but we need a patron first so if we can't find it it may be October. And you know the way every charity has something to hand out, like a pin, a ribbon or something else...the girls did a lot of research on those, me personally I don't like them, I won't wear it anyhow so I didn't have a strong opinion. Then D. said that on one occasion, they handed out small bulbs to be planted...I loved that idea so much! So simple and yet so effective. In the end we are going for pens (instead of pins!) and bulbs. Ongoing is the set up of a support phone line, I'm researching the best deal among the Irish providers.

That's all for now!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always loved the ticker that you've chosen. I love how you'll be able to watch your baby develop through the fruit & vegie world. I can't believe Elvis is a peach already!!!

Sounds like great work you are doing for ectopic awareness in Ireland. The bulbs are a lovely idea. My husband gave me a tulip plant (already budding) just after my latest egg collection and I just loved watching the flowers open and develop. It was at the same time that my embryos were in the lab growing so I felt like it was a really nice symetry to real life and I was somehow watching my embryos growing via my tulip plants. So, yeah I completely love the bulb idea. Its perfect. xxx

Jess said...

YAY for the 2nd trimester!!! WOOT!

none said...

Congrats on breaking out of the dreaded 1st trimester. Keep it up, Elvis!

Your ectopic charity sounds very interesting.. I really look forward to hearing more about it.

Nick and Kristi said...

Congrats on Making it out of the first trimester and into the next:) Cant wait to see a belly pic:)

Momasita said...

Woohoo for 13 weeks and Elvis being the size of a peach. Glad to hear everything is moving right along.

Life Happens said...

Congrats for making it to the second trimester! Awesome!

Glass Case of Emotion said...

Congrats on Elvis being peachy.

Thank you so much for your hard work in advocating for people having experienced an ectopic. Having just come off one myself (post IVF) it's created ripples in my already unstable world. I am surprised by the general lack of support in the states as well..

Best When Used By said...

Ahhhh the lovely second trimester! Lots of wonderful experiences are about to happen! Belly growth, feeling the baby move, learning the gender (if you want)...a joyous time of pregnancy.

When I was pg I went to www.baby2see.com and looked at the "How Many Weeks Pregnant?" page to see how my baby was developing each week and see fetal photos. It's a cool site with lots of info.

I'm looking forward to seeing your ectopic site. You've worked on this for a long time now! Hugs and love to you. (and the belly pics are highly anticipated!)

Alice said...

Congrats on reaching the second trimester!

Saige said...

You just might be able to start feeling your baby pretty soon! I could feel little flutterings around 14 weeks, but I didn't get the good movements until around 17. I found I could feel them best at 14 weeks when I laid on my side in bed. If I felt a little flutter and didn't pass gas a couple minutes later, it was the baby. lol

I can't wait to see all of your hard work go up for the Ectopic Awareness. What a wonderful support system. I love the idea of a bulb to plant too. It is more meaningful and can stick around longer.

Give Elvis my love!

Adele said...

Hurrah for the lovely calm waters of the second trimester! Fran, this is wonderful. It gives me such hope that even after dark, dark days there can be some really bright ones.

And I love the idea of the bulbs! That's perfect. After all, we all want to grow something. It feels like the perfect metaphor.

ALEH said...

Yeah 13 weeks!

Laura said...

cannot wait to see your belly pics!!! Super happy for 13 weeks and second trimester!!!