Monday, February 8, 2010

Blasts on board!

Thank you so much for all your good wishes and messages, I do believe the positive vibes have arrived to Dublin from all over the World!

Last night while meditating I did this visualisation exercise that spreads positive energy from your inner self to the last corner on Earth. I imagined this energy travelling down the road to the clinic, really connecting with the embryos in the incubator. I thought about the embryos as mine really for the first time this cycle, I felt them.
This morning I was hopeful we would not get a phone call, I repeated some positive affirmation upon waking up and then off we went to the clinic for our scan. I am not sure what happened, there were so many people n the waiting room, like standing up and all, and we were waiting for ages (normally I never wait more than 5 minutes). Also Mike recognised a neighbour from his home town!! What are the chances! Anyway, the exchanged the usual "how are you keeping? you well?" like they were in a pub or something...I hope they know we won't say anything, we are quite open about IF but of course many people are very private about it.
Anyway, at 9.50 as Ivy as suggested on Sunday, I sent Mike downstairs to see if we would be long as our transfer was at 12.30. I also told him to see if he could get to talk to Ivy and get some news on the embryos and whether the transfer was going ahead. So he did, we wouldn't be waiting that much longer and the transfer was confirmed!! At that point I could have been there the whole day!
Scan went well, it was the Favourite Doctor that did it for me, only a tiny bit of fluid and she wasn't concerned. She new everything about the embryos she said she was checking with the lab every day!! How sweet can she be? She said everyone in the clinic knows us so well and they all can't wait to celebrate our pregnancy in the right spot! Awwhhhh...
We hopped in to work, I faked a UTI and off we were again to the clinic.

We had two nice fully formed blastocysts and wait...two more morulas! The embryologist said they'll culture them until tomorrow and see if they make it to blasts, if so they'll freeze them. The last time it didn't happen but still, our five little heroes are fighters.
I had the Top Doctor for the transfer this time, I never had him before so maybe that was the one I needed between my legs! Who knows. Anyway, he went over all the past transfers, he noted that the first transfer was done 5.5cm deep in the uterus, and it ended up ectopic. Than I had the two FET at 4 cm deep and one was a biochemical. But listen to this, the last transfer was done again at 5.5cm despite me warning the doctor about the previous ectopic, and sure enough...it was ectopic again!!! I could have got into a rage at finding this out, but I opted to let go and be calm for the new two blast-babies. The Top Doctor did the transfer between 4 and 4.5cm then asked me to lye down for a while and to take it very easy for a few days.
One negative omen: they gave me a pregnancy test!!! Noooooooooo I didn't want it!! But we took it (it seemed rude not to) an we put it away. My official test day is the 20th of February and I'm suppose to go in for another intralipid infusion on the 17th. I'd say I'll know if I'm pregnant before then.

So here I am, on bed rest for a couple of days blogging and working and waiting for the computer tech to give me a call before I throw the New Toy out the window myself!

24 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh Fran, I'm so happy for you!!! I had to log into blogger as soon as I got into work this morning to see if you had updated and you did. YAY! I'm praying for you and your little embabies. Sending lots of stick baby dust your way! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yippeee! I am so glad that things went well. My wishes for a successful cycle are pouring to you! I hope it works out wonderfully.

Jess said...

Glad to hear that it went well. Here's hoping for a BFP!

Adele said...

Marvelous news! Come on, blasts, snuggle in now! I hope you have good, fun things to occupy you in the next few days, and a nice warm nest to do them in. I was so happy to see this post. Feels like the universe is finally moving in the right direction.

Momasita said...

Yay Fran for two safely transferred blasts! Nestle in guys! Enjoy your laying low time, my favourite part of this time is the no vacuuming rule!

Christa said...

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!! I hope this is the one for you!

Saige said...

Ahhh! Fran I am so excited for you! I have got everything crossed that I can possibly cross. I feel really good about this cycle for you. I am totally praying for you, your hubs, and you two blasts.

Stick little babies, stick! Please! Your mommy and daddy have been through so very much, and they want you so badly. You will be to VERY loved little children if you just burrow in, make yourselves comfortable, and grow for the next 38 weeks. Please. Be strong!

Loads of love to all of you. Take it easy the next few days.

*HUGE HUGS!*

elliej said...

Congratulations Fran! What a fab transfer. You are right not to let the negative energy of the ectopics in your way. Onwards to baby/ies!!! Noraxxx

Heather said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! Sounds like things went very well. Keeping my fingers crossed that you've got one or two left to freeze!

Take care.

Flower said...

That is great Fran. Sending you some positive vibes and praying for the best.

Life Happens said...

Yay! Praying that those embry babies snuggle in nicely.

C said...

Sounds great! I've been thinking about you all day. Hope everything continues to go well and the others can be frozen.

I think the pregnancy test is standard at our clinic, maybe? They gave me one too.

Lots of love!!!

Lut C. said...

That's great news! Fingers crossed for the days of waiting to come.

junebug said...

Awesome!! I'm glad the good vibes are working.
You must have the patience of a saint. I would have thrown that new toy out a window weeks ago.

stacey said...

Sounds like it went really well, and so glad the expert doc did your ET...it makes a world of difference, if just mentally!!

Kate said...

Awesome news on the two fabulous blasts. And that the RE cared enough to fully research previous transfers and pick a depth that doesn't have the badness of ectopic associated with it. I'm sure that means that he used minimal fluid for the transfer too, which is great.
Hope time doesn't drag too too much till your testing day.

Clare said...

Wishing you much luck Fran! Hoping you have some very sticky blasties there. Everything is crossed for you. Big hugs.

Brooke said...

Just wanted to chime in and say "good luck" to you! I also hope those morulas make it to blast and are frozen! Bonus! Have a relaxing bedrest!

Fertility Chick said...

Wonderful news Fran!!! Sending lots of good thoughts for you and hoping to hear even more good news in the near future!!

Eileen said...

You are in my prayers every single day! I have my next intralipid transfusion on Saturday.I hope it does its job for both of us!

Best When Used By said...

What a beautiful, positive, happy transfer experience! I am SO SO happy for you. It's great that you got the Top Doctor to do the actual transfer - I really think that the practitioner can make the difference. And yay for two extra embies to freeze (I know they'll make it!). It just went perfectly, didn't it? Now you rest, keep meditating and visualizing your little ones growing inside you, and I will mark the 20th on my calendar! Love and hugs.

Wishing 4 One said...

Oh Fran that is great news. This is it girl, we both test on the 20th and we will both get our BFP and we will celebrate virtually together. Much love and hugs my friend. xoxoxoxo

Michele said...

Sorry, it took me a while but I had to read all your posts! Fingers crossed!!!!

..al said...

Hey Fran, I hope and pray that this be it....